- Pastors are letting their ministry define their identity
- Pastors are letting their Biblical literacy and theological knowledge define their maturity
- Pastors are confusing their ministry success with God's endorsement of their lifestyle
So what are we seeing because of this?
Well, according to Tripp it's :
So why are we seeing this in pastors?
According to Tripp, it's happening because:
- Pastors are ignoring clear evidence of problems
- Pastors are blind to issues of their own hearts
- Pastors ministries are lacking in devotion
- Pastors are not preaching the gospel to themselves
- Pastors are not listening to the people closest to them
- Pastors are living in silence with their own sinfulness
These issues go from the pulpit to the pew!